If you are encountering an error message that is not listed in this section of our Help Center, it is likely an uncommon error. Uncommon errors include messaging such as:
- “Something went wrong”
- “Couldn’t connect to your institution”
- "Internal error occurred"
Note: You may be encountering an error message that isn’t listed above. If that’s the case, then the following still applies.
These error messages appear when we’re unable to complete the linking process, which can happen for a variety of underlying reasons:
- We can’t reliably connect to your financial institution at this time - perhaps due to scheduled maintenance by your financial institution or surges in traffic that your financial institution is experiencing.
- Plaid may be experiencing technical difficulties ourselves - and we’re likely already hard at work to fix it.
- Your financial institution may be limiting your ability to connect - or they made a change that had unintended consequences, impacting your ability to access your financial information.
Here’s what we recommend:
- If you need to connect to your app immediately, we recommend trying to link a different financial institution account with your app.
- Frequently, these are minor errors that are quickly resolved, so you may also want to sit tight and try connecting the same account again later.
If the error persists and you’d like a closer look into your specific connection:
- Please reach out to the app or service where you’re attempting to connect your financial accounts. They can look up your account in their system and investigate all corresponding connection attempts via Plaid.
- If you are attempting to use the Plaid Portal, then you can log in to your account to get in touch.
As a reminder, Plaid does not create an account about you when you connect or attempt to connect your financial accounts to an app or service.