This error typically results when an application is requiring a specific account type in order to provide their services. For example, while not a requirement of Plaid’s, the app you are using can require that only depository accounts, such as a checking or savings account, can be connected via Plaid.
If you’re seeing this error, here’s what we recommend:
- Reach out to the app or service where you’re attempting to connect in order to confirm the type of financial accounts they require for use.
- Confirm that you have an active financial account that falls under the required account type.
- Please note that your account types are typically set by your financial institution - not Plaid.
- If you’ve recently opened the required type of account at your financial institution, make sure the account is fully activated, enrolled in online banking, and enabled for third-party sharing.
- If you do not have the required account type, we recommend trying to link a different financial institution account that does meet the requirement.
If you’re unable to resolve your error and you’d like a closer look into your specific connection:
- Please reach out to the app or service where you’re attempting to connect your financial accounts. They can look up your account in their system and investigate all corresponding connection attempts via Plaid.
- If you are attempting to use the Plaid Portal, then you can log in to your account to get in touch.
As a reminder, Plaid does not create an account about you when you connect or attempt to connect your financial accounts to an app or service.