In order to get the most out of your Plaid Portal account you’ll need to add your financial accounts to it. If you’re unable to do so, we’d like to help!
If you’re running into an error message when you attempt to add your financial accounts, please start by reviewing the Connecting Financial Accounts section of our Help Center for self-guidance on specific error messages that appear within our connection flow.
If you’re running into an issue when attempting to add or verify your financial accounts in the Plaid Portal and the error appears after closing out our connection flow, check out our guidance below for the most common error messages you may see.
"This can't be added to your Plaid Portal account. Please contact our support team for more information."
- This error message appears when the financial institution account you are trying to add has already been added to another active Plaid Portal account. A financial account can only be associated with one Plaid Portal account at a time.
- This is common if you’ve created multiple Plaid Portal accounts and previously added this financial institution account to them. Please log in and delete any Portal accounts no longer in use. If your additional Plaid Portal account(s) is inaccessible due to a change in contact information, please get in touch for further assistance.
"You've made too many attempts. Try again in a couple days."
- This message appears when you’ve attempted to add too many financial institution accounts at once. Please try again in a couple of days.
- If you were hoping to use the Plaid Portal to remove app access or delete your data, please get in touch with our team so we can assist you.
“We can’t add more financial institution accounts to your Plaid Portal account.”
- At this time, each Plaid Portal account can only support the active connection of 30 financial accounts total.
- If you have additional financial accounts you’d like to add, you can create a new Plaid Portal account with a different email address and connect your remaining financial accounts. While we recognize this is not the ideal solution, this could help you use the Plaid Portal's functionality in the short term.
If you’re still in need of assistance, please log into your Plaid Portal account and open a request with our Support Team.