When you’re trying to use Plaid to connect your financial institution to your Plaid Portal account, there are a number of reasons why you may not be able to find your institution on the search screen:
- The financial institution isn’t yet supported on Plaid
- While Plaid currently integrates with over 12,000 financial institutions, we haven’t integrated with them all yet!
- If you’d like to see your financial institution on Plaid, we recommend asking them to contact us about Plaid Exchange, our open API solution.
- It can take some time to get a new integration set up with Plaid. Because of this, we recommend that you reach out directly to the app you’re attempting to use in order to explore alternatives––external to Plaid’s technology––that can help you connect your financial accounts in the meantime.
- A change has occurred and Plaid cannot reliably support a connection to the financial institution at present
- In cases where Plaid has previously supported an integration with a financial institution but can no longer reliably connect or access data, we may remove an institution from our search flow for a period of time or indefinitely.
- This can occur for a variety of reasons, from bank server reliability, to online banking system upgrades or changes, to a decision on the part of the institution.
If we have previously supported your financial institution, you may see a “matched” connection that you’re no longer able to verify and therefore cannot add to your Plaid Portal account. If this is the case you have the option to delete the connection without verifying it, but you will be unable to manage individual application connections for this financial account via the Plaid Portal at this time.