It can be complex to know who to turn to for help, when you’re running into issues connecting financial accounts as there are multiple parties involved: the app, your financial institution, and Plaid in the middle, trying to connect them to each other. Our goal is for you to get assistance as swiftly as possible, so we’ll do our best to help you navigate!
The best place to start is with the app or service that you’re trying to connect your financial accounts to. They can guide you through options and alternatives to use their products and if further investigation is needed, they have access to the details associated with your connection attempts. As a supplement, you can always check out the Connecting Financial Accounts section of our Help Center for self-guidance.
There are some cases where the Plaid team will be in the best position to assist, these include:
- Helping delete your data stored in Plaid’s systems;
- Disconnecting an existing Plaid connection between your financial accounts and an app; and
- Troubleshooting issues with your Plaid Portal account, if you’ve chosen to create one.
If you’re looking for assistance with your financial account or with a specific app you’re attempting to use, we encourage you to reach out directly to your financial institution or the app for assistance. Examples of issues we cannot help you with may include:
- Transferring funds between accounts;
- Tracking a deposit;
- Placing or removing a security lock on your payment card;
- Resetting your financial account password or updating your financial account information, such as the email address or phone number you have on file with your financial institution;
- Disputing a charge or transaction with a merchant or your financial institution; and
- Fraudulent use of your financial account information.