Plaid suspended FTX’s access to Plaid products as of 11/11/22 at approximately 10:30PM PT. FTX can no longer retrieve any financial information via Plaid.
To provide as much clarity for end-users as possible, we’ve compiled the following FAQs. We will continue to update as new information becomes available.
I have an in-flight ACH transfer from FTX. Is there a way to get information from Plaid as to the status?
- Plaid is not the ACH processor for FTX, so we have no visibility into transfers that you’ve initiated from FTX.
- If you need help with ACH transfers in or out of your financial accounts, please contact your bank or financial institution.
Can I revoke FTX access to my financial accounts via Plaid?
- Plaid has already suspended FTX’s ability to retrieve consumer data via Plaid. This means that FTX can no longer retrieve any financial data about you via Plaid.
- Although FTX can no longer retrieve any financial data about you via Plaid, if you would like to, you can also use Plaid Portal to revoke access for your individual accounts.
- You may also be able to revoke FTX access to your individual accounts via your bank’s security center, depending on your particular financial institution.
Can I use Plaid to delete any data FTX has on its systems about me?
- No, to delete and remove any data that FTX may have stored about you, you’ll need to reach out to FTX directly.
- You can, however, use Plaid Portal to delete data that Plaid may have on its systems about you.
Do I already have a Plaid account, and can I use it to revoke FTX access to my financial accounts?
- No, you do not have a Plaid account unless you have taken steps to create one. You can do so here: https://my.plaid.com/sign-up
- Plaid has already suspended FTX’s ability to retrieve consumer data via Plaid. This means that FTX can no longer retrieve any financial data about you via Plaid. Although FTX can no longer retrieve any financial data about you via Plaid, if you would like to, you can also create a Plaid Portal account to revoke access for your individual accounts.
I’m not seeing my connection to FTX in my Plaid Portal account, what should I do?
- Plaid has suspended FTX’s ability to retrieve financial information via Plaid even if you are unable to see FTX connections in the Plaid Portal.
- The Plaid Portal may not display all types of connections initiated via Plaid, such as those made via manual microdeposit verification, or for certain financial institutions. Your connection to FTX may not have been facilitated by Plaid, for example, if you used a debit card or they used an alternative service to link your account to FTX.
I noticed that the Plaid/FTX connection recently accessed my account, but you said you’ve already suspended their ability to access data. What does that mean?
- On a recurring basis Plaid checks financial information you’ve shared to confirm it remains current and complete, and updates information as needed. These checks are automated and occur on a regular schedule; they do not indicate any proactive action being taken by an app, such as FTX.
- From the time we suspended access at approximately 10:30pm PT on 11/11/22, FTX has not been able to retrieve any information from your accounts.
- We have, as of approximately 2pm PT on 11/12/22, canceled any automated updates by Plaid for consumer connections to FTX.
- If you would like to delete any data that Plaid may have on its systems about you, you can use Plaid Portal to delete data.